The Shakopee VA Clinic is a state-of-the-art, primary care clinic for the Minneapolis VA Health Care System, serving the healthcare needs of veterans in Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. The new clinic features exam, procedure, imaging, lab, mental health consultation and group therapy rooms. The spaces follow the Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT) model for layout and efficiency.
The project was designed to achieve Two Green Globes through the GBI Green Globes Green Certification Program. This program is intended to reduce operating costs, qualify for tax incentives/utility rebates, meet government regulations, attract/retain employees, and increase the property’s marketability.
MEP system highlights include:
- High efficiency, LED lighting with centralized lighting controls, occupancy sensors, and daylight harvesting.
- High efficiency boilers with a variable volume, variable temperature distribution system.
- High efficiency air handling systems with energy recovery.
- Special attention to environmental control zones to optimize the comfort of occupants and patients.
- Specific focus on facility sustainability and reduction of building and site domestic water use.