Mechanical Designer / Engineer in Training (EIT)
Join our team! Michaud Cooley Erickson is a full-service engineering firm. We pride ourselves in providing high quality mechanical, electrical, lighting, fire protection, security, technology systems and energy management solutions for clients, as well as unprecedented commissioning to facilitate efficient operation of systems.
In this role, a Designer/ Engineer in Training is an entry level role learning the foundation of designing mechanical and electrical systems. This person should be able to take tasks and begin to work on them independently under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of design and CAD applications
- Develop an understanding of the construction process
- Assist in the development of Schematic Design information, such as equipment selections, room sizes, and space requirements
- Research equipment selections and complete equipment schedules under the direction of the project team
- Research design options and document findings for the project team
- Incorporate design concepts from Schematic Design into Design Development
- Work to produce Construction Documents
- Document existing conditions
- Learn how to lay out portions of the mechanical or electrical systems for the project
- Learn and assist in the production of calculations such as building HVAC loads, energy calculations, technology systems capacities, lighting and power distribution calculations and equipment sizing
- Provide drafting and documentation for projects, including implementing sketches and design concepts from others
- Encourage to try solving engineering solutions with the project team using experience, judgment and education
- Work to understand and assist in the coordination of ceiling, wall clearances, and structural impacts with design team and other design professionals
- Assist in the drafting of specialized diagrams such as plumbing isometrics or electrical risers
- Assist in gathering specification sections
- Assemble details with guidance from the Project Team that will be used on projects
Skills & Experience
- 0-2 years experience
- Proficient in the use of current technology, including hardware and software applications
- Basic knowledge of mechanical or electrical systems
Engineer In Training
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited technical University in mechanical or electrical engineering and the completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited technical University in mechanical or electrical engineering OR Technical or associate degree from an accredited technical institution or college in the engineering design areas of HVAC, plumbing or electricity
Bring your passion and talents and start engineering your career with MCE!
In return you will enjoy a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Amazing coworkers
- Great medical benefits
- Dental & Vision benefits
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Employer paid short and long term disability
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working at MCE fun and rewarding.
MCE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.