Mechanical Staff Engineer / Designer
Join our team where you can put your passion for design and client service to practice!
Michaud Cooley Erickson is a full-service engineering firm. We pride ourselves in providing high quality mechanical, electrical, lighting, fire protections, security, technology systems and energy management solutions for clients, as well as unprecedented commissioning to facilitate efficient operations of systems.
In this role, an experienced design professional with a strong foundation of design will take on independent tasks for design up to full design of small projects. Work with engineer and project manager professionals that share your same passion for design and have fun in the process.
- Develop, maintain, and master a knowledge of design and CAD applications
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the construction process
- Assist in the development of Schematic Design information, such as equipment selections, room sizes, space requirements and assist in writing a scope narrative
- Research equipment, assist in making selections, and complete equipment schedules
- Research design options and document findings for the project team
- Incorporate design concepts from Schematic Design into Design Development
- Lay out portions of the mechanical or electrical systems for the project
- Assist in the production of calculations such as building HVAC loads, energy calculations, technology systems capacities, lighting and power distribution calculations and equipment sizing
- Provide drafting and documentation for projects, including implementing sketches and design concepts from others
- Encourage to try solving engineering solutions with the project team using experience, judgment and education
- Assist in the coordination of ceiling, wall clearances, and structural impacts with design team and other design professionals
- Assist in the drafting of specialized diagrams such as plumbing isometrics
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in a mechanical design role
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited technical University in mechanical engineering or technical or associate degree from an accredited technical institution or college in the engineering design areas of HVAC or plumbing.
- Proficient in the use of current technology, including hardware and software applications such as Revit
- General knowledge of mechanical systems
- Refrigeration experience highly desired
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use MS Office suite
Design your career and future with MCE! In return, you will enjoy a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Amazing coworkers
- Great medical benefits
- Dental & Vision benefits
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Employer paid short and long term disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working at MCE fun and rewarding
MCE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.